Mexico brides-- are you doing a legal ceremony there? Or the symbolic and getting married in the US?

It seems it would be a lot cheaper to get married in US then just do the symbolic wedding there, but then again it's not the same. I think with the legal you have to be there 4 business days and the symbolic 48 hrs?  Curious to know what everyone is doing!

Originally Posted by safety75 View Post

It seems it would be a lot cheaper to get married in US then just do the symbolic wedding there, but then again it's not the same. I think with the legal you have to be there 4 business days and the symbolic 48 hrs?  Curious to know what everyone is doing!

I have done a legal ceremony, theorically you must be there 4 days before the wedding in order to make the blood test but in my case, I arrived the 3 days before and I have done immediatley the blood test without problem.

I have payed extra 500$ for it (included blood tests for 2, marriage certificate translation, validation for marriage license, Judge transfer fee)

I'm happy to have done the legal ceremony because I wanted the same date of the ceremony  in the legal certificates.