November 2013 Brides

2bmrstremblay

Hey,

My dress will be arriving by late July, which leaves just enough time for alterations.

I picked my Bridesmaid dresses. I only have 2, and both were pretty easy going about my "vision."

My OOT bags were one of the first things I started. I got a wicked deal on Vistaprint, so I bought my bags there... I've been spending a lot more time browsing Dollar stores for travel items. And my FMIL works in a medical office, so she's been able to get me some goodies (Aveeno moisterizers, tylenols, etc...) I just keep my eyes open everywhere I go.

I'm still on the fence about a veil too... But I don't know if I'll have anything in my hair. My dress also has some bling, so I think I might do some dangly earrings and maybe a bling tiara/headband of some kind? I don't know. Definitely wearing my hair up though.

I know exactly what I want for shoes, but haven't found them yet. I want a turquoise satin peep toe pump (just for cerremony and pictures.) and I'm going to buy bling'd starfish shoe clips. :)

I've also been trying to figure out my centerpieces. I'm worried about travelling with vases, but think it's possible in ym carry on (And my brother's carry on.) Haha!

My girls will go with whatever I say LOL I am the last to get married so I have been there done that bent over backwards so needless to say they are in the owe me category j/k my problem is the colour everytime I find a dress that I like they dont have it in the colour I want Mango orange, I am having a harder time with this then I did with my dress for heavens sake! I just want a shorter dress, possibly with pockets, cotton or something similar to that and Mango Orange, I am going to wait until April and see if the colours change and then if not it will be back to the drawibng board!

I really did want to do OOT bags, but I just dont think that it is in the cards for us, and then I thought about doing Travel mugs but my Travel agent is going to send them to all the guests from them so there is no point in having two! So I will have to think of something to give as a "favor" still just looking!

I am going to take the minimum with us, I figure chair sashes, I will take some fake petals for the tables and possibly I dont want to drag a bunch of stuff with me, although there is still 9 months before so that may change!

Where are you getting these shoe clips they sound adorable!!!

Here here to trying to find motivation to go to the gym. I keep thinking "It's 9 months away...I have time." haha

I don't think I'd do OOT bags either if I had 45 people coming, yikes. We only have around 20 and we'll just do one per couple and then individuals for the singles. I like having so much time to think about it, hopefully I can score some good deals by keeping my eye out. Right now I want to put in a mini first aid kit (bandaids, advil, pepto, aloe vera, etc), gatorade packets, fun coloured Ray Ban knockoffs, coloured waterproof watches (so many people I know don't own watches, we all just use our cell phones but you probably won't be carting those around at a resort - this is my logic for it) and maybe beer koozies (I'm not sure if I'll put our names on it or maybe just a funny saying). Jolene, where did you get your luggage tags? I'd like to do that as well but the ones I like are too much $. I might do maracas or natural soap for favours. I'd love to do something edible but it'd probably be a nightmare to try to bring it down there through customs.

MelB where did you get a good deal for Vistaprint? 

Mango orange will be cute but tough to find especially if you're looking for a certain shade. Have you tried stylebop, ASOS, polyvore (search these by colour, it might help)? 

I think I might do thin sparkly headband with veil and then no veil but flower in the hair for the reception. I'm just worried the veil will be whipping me in the face during the ceremony. When I see some photos of past brides it looks like they can get a bit unruly.

I really want to bring vases down as well because I want to find some turquoise ones but I'm worried they'll all break. I'm definitely going to bring chair sashes, napkins, maybe a few table runners and paper lanterns or bunting (stuff that will dress it up a bit but doesn't take up much room in our bags).

ETSY! I've found several options on etsy for starfish shoe clips. I decided on the "bling" ones (rather than bead or whatnot)... I just want to find my shoes before I buy them.

Etsy is dangerous! There's so much there. I made my first purchase the other day: embroidered hankerchiefs. One for my Mom, my FMIL and my Flower Girl. They are so cute, I can't wait to receive them. They've already been shipped.

I'm also pretty sure I'm going to be buying shirts for the bridal party/close family. I haven't decided if I should specify (MOH, Bridesmaid, MOB, MOG, etc...) or just do "Bride's Entourage"... But I still have time for that.

I have lots on the go, and nothing complete. Ha ha!! I'm going to be really into it come the summer. I don't want to wait last minute to get things done. :) I'm a planner.... :P

I am with you, I think that there is lots that I should be doing and yet I am not really doing anything... I just want it to get here LOL.

Are you planning on doing a pre travel brochure or anything like that? If you are when were you thinking that you were going to send them... I'm with you the last thing that I want is to be paniced before we leave I want stress free to start as soon as we get on the plane!

I have started my packing list LOL I keep having a nightmare that we are trying to leave for the airport and I havent packed anything!

Another November 2013 Bride here!!!  We're getting married at the Now Sapphire in the Mayan Riviera - November 21st.  I honestly can't wait!  The week after our wedding we are spending at the El Dorado Maroma.  I think I am more excited for our honeymoon than our actual wedding.

I also already have my dress.  When I bought it I also purchased a veil.  Anyone have any ideas on how to ensure it doesn't blow absolutely everywhere?

I am in the process of designing our SaveTheDates.  I just want to send out invites, but my mom says it's too early.  We only JUST booked our wedding date.  :)

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe View Post

Another November 2013 Bride here!!!  We're getting married at the Now Sapphire in the Mayan Riviera - November 21st.  I honestly can't wait!  The week after our wedding we are spending at the El Dorado Maroma.  I think I am more excited for our honeymoon than our actual wedding.

I also already have my dress.  When I bought it I also purchased a veil.  Anyone have any ideas on how to ensure it doesn't blow absolutely everywhere?

I am in the process of designing our SaveTheDates.  I just want to send out invites, but my mom says it's too early.  We only JUST booked our wedding date.  :)

Hey! Date twins! Congrats!

Have you considered weights for the veil?

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

I am with you, I think that there is lots that I should be doing and yet I am not really doing anything... I just want it to get here LOL.

Are you planning on doing a pre travel brochure or anything like that? If you are when were you thinking that you were going to send them... I'm with you the last thing that I want is to be paniced before we leave I want stress free to start as soon as we get on the plane!

I have started my packing list LOL I keep having a nightmare that we are trying to leave for the airport and I havent packed anything!

I think I'm going to make a brochure, but only for my OOT bags... Because I'm only expecting/inviting 20-ish couples... I can stay in contact with anything vital by email...

My wedding is at the end of the trip, so all the wedding details will be in the brochure in the OOT bags I'll be giving during my "welcome dinner" on Day 2. :)

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe View Post

I had to pass on STD I couldnt justify sedning out STD and then a month or so later sending out invitations, I had all the information so I went for it... they went out exactly 1 year before our wedding, maybe a little early but one less thing on my to do list, my mom thought that I was crazy and that it was too early, but I wanted it done and have people ready! What are you doing for STD'd?