My DIY save-the-dates! Luggage tag magnet design

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by cherany View Post

Thanks, ladies! love.gif  I designed these in Photoshop and printed on the highest quality settings to get those vibrant colors.  My rough-draft prints with normal ink settings were not as colorful.

I used our new Canon MP495, which I got for $49 at Wal-Mart.  I'm so glad it was cheap... We have a running joke that every time we need to print something, we have to buy a new printer.  Seriously, we'll buy one, use it for a couple small things, and then something will happen to it between then & the next use.  When I went to print these on our almost-new, barely-used HP, I discovered it was broken.  We have a dog who loves to be ascloseaspossible to me at all times, and I guess when he climbed under the desk (to be on top of my feet, of course), he broke pieces off the printer we had stored down there.  I can't remember what did the one before that in, but it was also barely used.  This time, I placed the printer as high up as possible, away from the dogs, away from fish tanks, away from human hands, even!  I have to climb up on a chair just to feed paper in and push buttons, but if it lasts through all the wedding printing, it'll be worth it!

I plan to make our invitations, as well.  We're doing the message in a bottle ones, and since I had trouble choosing between luggage tags & boarding passes for stds, I'm going to do a boarding pass reply card inside the bottle invitation.  I'll get everything I want that way!  (Except the passport design.  I love those, too!  Ah, too many awesome options!) 

Wow first of all they look awesome!

I am totally going to go check out getting a new printer because although we don't have any animals it seems they always break...always when I need to use it. Thanks so much for posting your beautiful STD's and I look forward to seeing your invites etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...