Suggestions for a little flowergirl/ring bearer combined "duties"

We are having just one little girl in our wedding party, she will be our flowergirl, but I am also trying to figure out how we can incorporate the ringbearer duties for her as well. 

I have been googling my brains out looking for things and can't seem to come up with anything right now other than having her walk the aisle with flowers and someone such as her mom be seated holding the rings in something cute and when its time for the ring exchange she could bring them to us..... this seems sorta boring and not creative at all though, lol!

Does anyone have any cute and or creative suggestions of how we can do this?

what about having a basket (picture easter basket style with a tall handle) that holds the flower petals, and tie the rings securely to the arch of the handle with ribbon, so they dangle when she walks? then as she approaches, the person performing the ceremony can meet her at the end of the aisle and untie them and have them in his/her pocket?

Or can you securely attach the rings to a seashell or starfish with ribbon, and use that to decorate your basket?  Have the starfish tied to the basket handle, and then someone can untie the starfish from the handle and she"ll be able to hold them.