How to send STD's and Invites, I don't know whats best

So I'm having a bit of a panic attack, my issue(ha, one of many): I want/need to send save the dates BUT I also need to send some sort of letter with all the information regarding dates, travel company, resort, prices. Do i send simple STD's and then when the wedding is closer send out full on invites? Seems like I would need to send out more info with the STD's since this involves extra planning on my guests part. But if I send full on invites will the guests loose them? Am I over thinking this? aghghghghgh

Dear god someone help me clear up my confusion.

Hello KKeeve01

I hope this will help

Remember: always include your names, the date, and the location on the STD. If possible, include your wedding website on there too so couples can be updated as needed.

1. Video: try sending out a video that you make at home. Consider just having you & your significant other talking in the camera. Or hold up signs. Or show photos of your favorite spots and include a shot of a card with the STD information on it.

2. One site suggests doing something creative (like using Scrabble letters to spell out the STD)and then take a photo. Use that as a card that you can mail out.

3. Postcards! There are two ways to do this. a) One way is that you can create your own postcard. Use a photo of yourselves and insert the STD information. Or just provide the STD information. B) The second way is to use regular postcards (perhaps of the location of your wedding?) and write the STD information as the message on the back of the postcard.

4. Take photobooth photos together, while holding the Save the Date information. Then you can either affix it to a postcard, create a postcard from the photos, OR just scan it if you want to send digital STDs.

5. Go digital! In our continuing effort to encourate people to be more eco-friendly with wedding planning, try sending electronic Save-The-Dates! You can do any of the things above and email them. It even saves you postage.

TIP:If you are sending out the STD announcements of any kind, you should make sure to mail them to your guests 6-9 months more to your guests.

If you have anymore question feel free to ask and i will be happy to answer them.

Happy Planning

Joyce

• 3 weeks later...