i did the exact same thing - but not entirely for the wedding, we were thinking of doing it anyway. we had a dell, and started to run out of ink, and realized it mught be time to buy a new printer. we bought the canon printer/scanner/fax/copier - and so far, LOVE it! i use it a ton for work, and now the wedding stuff. i think it's the Canon MP530 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaV View Post
I don't have a laser printer so I had Kinkos print them. It was actually pretty productive because they lined up the margins for me (which I heard can take a long time).

The small designs are the IM FELL FLOWERS 1 font.

KarlaV
Wow! I didn't realize that you did the whole design yourself!!! AMAZING!! Those are so nice! I wouldn't have even known where to start to make that neat flower design. Way to go!! They look like you had them made...I never would have thought that you made them yourself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
For all of you printing your own invites/ DIY, what type of color printer are you using? I have a Dell and the ink is so expensive, so my FI and I are thinking in investing in a printer, but nothing too expensive, maybe about $200? I figure that I have so much time left before the wedding, I might as well keep myself busy, haha!
Amy - I ran our printer out of ink early on in my DIY phase. My FI went to Walmart (bless his soul) and bought a brand new printer for $39 that got me through all of my printing projects. It's really stupid that it's cheaper to buy a new printer than replace ink cartridges, isn't it??

Haha, well the only reason Iâ€m thinking of getting a new one is b/c I can only order the ink from dell and they are so damn expensive and run out quick (I think I spent like $70) last time I ordered them). So I figure I can get another printer and order generic brands of ink at Staples for a lot cheaper. Thatâ€s why we are looking at it as in investment! (Donâ€t you love how I rationalize my need for shopping!)

Amy I have always found HP's to be trustworthy. I just got the new 6100 all in one and you can run it wirelessly, so when I am at my laptop I just press print and it begins printing in the other room. I love it

Karla, those invites are amazing.

Oooh Christine i want that printer! I do everything on my laptop and have now moved the printer to the dining room table to save time from running up to the office to print all the time. I'm sure Jeff can't wait until our house gets back to normal!

I have an old HP 890C that has served me well for probably close to 8 years now. It got me all the way through nursing school! It has it's issues from time to time, but I'm hoping it will get me through the wedding and then we'll invest in a new one.