hijacked.gif lol- sorry!

I really liked my oncology rotation, in fact I may look into that once I get tired of delivering babies:) I followed an NP for a day in oncology as well and that was a great experience. You really get to bond with your patients and give of yourself during a time when a person needs it the most.

Well, I hope that the wedding keeps you sane- the last semester is soooo hard to get through because you're almost done and just sick to death! I'm sure you totally are there right now, but hang in there- soon you'll be done and can enjoy having an awesome work schedule and a real paycheck!

It was great to meet you- let me know if there's anything I can help with. I just got home from work, so it's night time for me. See you around!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here's my mock-up invitation. Many, many thanks to Karla for her templates & advice, it saved me a lot of time. Anyway, this is a pic of the inside of the invitation. I used the Perfetto metallic pocket folder from Cards & Pockets in Tiffany; the invitation mat is in lemonade and the invite itself soft white. I used dark blue and sky blue font colors. I plan to tie a bow around each invitation with pretty ribbon in either lime green or yellow. Tell me what you think?

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANET1111 View Post
christa those are TOO cute! I love the colors (ocean-like and all). Also, this is off topic but are you going to take your FI's name? Your new name will sound so great! I love name alliteration.
Thank you Janet. Ummm, I really am undecided about my new name. In concept I would like to take his name, but I think it will sound kinda silly! I think it will just take some getting used to.

hijacked.gif You could always go with the double last name, no hypens. Since both last names are short that would also sound great. Anyway, I like how it sounds!! (Not that my vote matters :) )

focus.gif Tasha - I can't wait to see how yours turned out. You had a lot to live up to after those awesome save-the-dates :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post
love those Christa!

Mine are done and I am putting together the info for the calligrapher ... I need to take a photo to show ya'll. they turned out great.
Thank you Tasha wink.gif I wanna see yours!! I can't remember which ones you chose. Hey, it's a good sign that we are both basically in the same stage with these invites since our weddings are a week apart. We must be doing something rightcheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL View Post
I love the invites (and the new last name - not that my vote counts either!) Remind me how much these ended up costing each? They look very classy and also fun/beachy too!
Thanks Sarah! So, they were really very cheap. I bought supplies for 30 invitations, so 30 pocket folders, 30 invitation mats, 30 invitations, 30 envelopes, plus 2 pkgs of of 25 inserts and it all came to $100 plus about $12 for shipping. So, that is less than $3.75 per invitation. Pretty good I think. Plus, I actually enjoyed doing it.

Not included in the cost is the glue dots & applicator that I have not yet purchased for final assembly and a few rolls of ribbon.