DominiqueAmber's Wedding Planning Blog

dominiqueamber

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I just discovering this! OMG, the details are outstanding.....I will definitely be following you! Again, congrats on the pending nuptials. Reading the beginning, I thought I was on that same cruise where you met your future husband but I think I was on the one in 2008. Lol!

****Stands Up*****

"My name is JQLong and I too am a Thrift Store Shopping Addict".....

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber View Post

Confessions of a Shopaholic 

March 9, 2012

Hello, My name is Amber Dominique and Iâ€m a Thrift Store Shopping Addict!

shopping-addict.jpg?w=640

Source

It started out with things for my house and then when the wedding shopping became more serious so did my addiction. I learned that old items are marked down on Monday to make room for the new items. So Monday and Tuesday are the best days for shopping. Iâ€ve had to work hard to make sure Iâ€m not buying something because itâ€s cheap (which is so tempting)but buying things I actually need.  My goal in decorating the wedding is to find things I want to decorate my home or use in the kitchen, this way I feel like Iâ€m saving money because itâ€s a two for one.

If live in the Tidewater area hereâ€s the skinny on the local Thrift Stores. The Childrenâ€s Hospital for the Kingâ€s Daughters Thirft Stores tend to be less expensive and have the best finds. TheGoodwill offers a colored tag for half off each week but you must check frequently because theyâ€re popular stores. Thrift Store City is my favorite for great finds and great prices. TheDisabled American Veterans Thrift Store and Thrift Store USA have staff that must read wedding blogs because they know the value of their stuff and itâ€s not always easy to score a good deal. Union Mission Thrift does not usually have good items and theyâ€re overpriced however they have awesome sales like half off everything for 3 hours a few tines a month.

Youâ€re probably wondering whatâ€s the fuss is all about. Besides my plate collection let me show you some of my recent treasures.

dsc00994.jpg?w=640&h=480

Set of four jars for $6.98. The lids are begging to be painted with chalkboard paint!  (Personal Photo)

dsc00988.jpg?w=640&h=480

Three bags of seashells for $2.98 each (Personal Photo)

dsc00982.jpg?w=640&h=480

Crystal Punch Bowl with 7 crystal cups for $2.98 and a Crystal Cake Plate for $9.98 (Personal Photo)

dsc00975.jpg?w=640&h=480

Milk Glass Bowls, the top two were a set for $2.98 and the bottom was $1.98 (Personal Photo)

dsc00968.jpg?w=640&h=480

Two Glass Cake Plates, $7.98 for the set (Personal Photo)

dsc00970.jpg?w=640&h=480From left to right, pedestal bowl for $4.25, medium jar with lid $2.98, two small jars with lids priced at $1.65 each but they were half off because they were the color of the week, cake plate with lid $6.98 (Personal Photo)

The good deals add up and I have to work really hard to have self control and pay my bills before shopping but the feeling of getting great stuff for even greater prices make everyday I shop I great day! Do you thrift store shop? Have you found it to be a valuable source for your wedding?