Im planning a mecxio wedding in april 2013 and Im trying to decicide where or not to get married before going down. I have recently heard that if u get married there that you will have to get divoriced under mexian laws ( I would hope I dont have to worrie about this but I would like to know this before hand) I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this and just what others think about getting married there or getting married here first thank you so much!

Congratulations on your engagement!

I don't know about the divorce thing but I do know a lot of brides (including myself) who decided to get legally married in the U.S. to by-pass any headaches that might have come up. Getting your Mexico wedding to be the legal one entails different paperwork requirements and regulations; you should probably talk to your wedding planner at the resort if you have one decided right now, or do an internet search for the requirements. Ultimately it's up to you and what you and your fiance want. Personally, if I had to do it all over again, I'd still get legally married here and not worry about anything in Mexico. There was enough running around to do without having to add that to the list.

Good luck and happy planning!

Originally Posted by Ashley2013 View Post

Im planning a mecxio wedding in april 2013 and Im trying to decicide where or not to get married before going down. I have recently heard that if u get married there that you will have to get divoriced under mexian laws ( I would hope I dont have to worrie about this but I would like to know this before hand) I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this and just what others think about getting married there or getting married here first thank you so much!