Hi all, I'm getting married August 2012.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

1) Hair and Make up?  Is it worth it to purchase the hair and make up through the resort? 

2) Did anyone use the sound system with the IPod? DId that flow smoothly?  Or do you recommend using an outside DJ? 

3) What about photography?  Did anyone use the resort photographer?  Do you recommend using an outside vendor?

4) Did anyone have over 20 people?  Where did you have your reception? 

My comments are in orange...  (I just typed up all my answeres and realized you were probably specifically asking about Maroma since that's your username, but I didn't see that in your text and I already wrote out my answers so I'm sharing anyway!)

Originally Posted by Maromabridetobe View Post

Hi all, I'm getting married August 2012.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

1) Hair and Make up?  Is it worth it to purchase the hair and make up through the resort?  I had my husbands cousin do my hair/makeup since she's a hairdresser.  I'd be leary unless you do a trial run and love it.  Def do a trial!  Otherwise, make sure you have a good backup!

2) Did anyone use the sound system with the IPod? DId that flow smoothly?  Or do you recommend using an outside DJ? We used an ipod and have no problems.  In fact, we really liked it a lot b/c we had complete flexibility over what was playing when and how loud it was.

3) What about photography?  Did anyone use the resort photographer?  Do you recommend using an outside vendor? We used the resort photographer b/c I was kind of counting on my guests getting good photos and sharing.  That didn't really happen and the resort pictures sucked so bad that we didn't even buy any, we just got the free samples or whatever was included in our wedding package.  Not getting a real photographer was definitely my biggest regret.

4) Did anyone have over 20 people?  Where did you have your reception?  We had 25ish people and had our reception on the terrace of a restaurant.  Perfection.

Photography can sometimes be planned as an afterthought as Carly mentions, but you have to keep in mind that it is how your wedding day is immortalized.  Memories grow fuzzy but pictures remain!!  It is so important that you choose a photographer that speaks to you and captures your style and personality.  Make sure you check out full shoots done by the resort team.  If they are not what you envision for your special day, there are many other options in this area.  I think most brides that choose outside photographers do it not for the price, but to guarantee their day is captured the way they envision!  

Check out the WIKI Choosing Your Photographer for more insider's tips!

cenote trash the dress riviera maya, mexico.