Legal Wedding in Canada

For any brides in Toronto who want to get the paperwork out of the way before you leave, we just had our signing with Rev. Rudy Heezen. He was great! We didn't want it to feel like anything special because we didn't want to take away from the actual wedding day. Rudy was totally accommodating, showed up on time, and was very easygoing. He charged $125 to come to my condo and do the signing. I think it's a great option if anyone doesn't want to do the paperwork in their destination. Hi info is at www.rudyheezen.com.

BTW- went to a DW at the Elegance 2yrs ago.  You will be blown away by the location, the service, the beach, the food...  Your wedding will be off the hook!!

Make sure you make reservations at their teppanyaki resto.  GREAT sushi and he makes a MEAN caipiringha!

Take travelmugs- their cups for cocktails were smallish.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

hi ladies, quick question: what exactly does one have to do to get legally married in Ontario? we are just having a symbolic wedding in Punta Cana, but I'm not really sure what we need to do to make it legal in Ontario. Like you, we just want something very minimal since we consider Punta Cana our real wedding. How does it work? We have to say words in front of someone and sign papers? Any help would be appreciated! thanks! 

SS,

Call your local municipality, ie. Toronto City Hall. They will issue you a Marriage Licence and should have a marriage commissioner available to perform a short ceremony and sign the papers.

Originally Posted by SS2012 View Post

hi ladies, quick question: what exactly does one have to do to get legally married in Ontario? we are just having a symbolic wedding in Punta Cana, but I'm not really sure what we need to do to make it legal in Ontario. Like you, we just want something very minimal since we consider Punta Cana our real wedding. How does it work? We have to say words in front of someone and sign papers? Any help would be appreciated! thanks!