Cupcakes in Playa del Carmen or Cancun area, please!

Hi, I just need to know of a good bakery for regular chocolate/vanilla cupcakes in the Playa del Carmen area. I have looked through MANY posts and they are usually regarding a wedding cake. These are for my wedding, but they just need to be normal cupcakes. Maaaaaybe a cupcake cake where the top is a cake...but I am a fan of keeping it simple.

I've heard of Dolcet, Turtle Bay Bakery, and Pasteleria. Any thoughts on those based on cakes or cupcakes you've eaten? And I am referring to a non-fondant cake since cupcakes are similar to traditional cakes. Also, if you have any recommendations for other local bakeries, I would appreciate it.

Turtle Bay Bakery made my cake and I would not recommend them at all.  Althought the cake was delicious, the communication up until the wedding day was just horrible.  The cake did not look anything like the pictures I sent and anything like she had promised.

I've never heard of the other two bakeries you mention but I wouldn't go with Turtle Bay...

Thanks LeanneMarie & StephyD for your responses!

I believe Pasteleria is a very local bakery. I don't' believe they even have a website.

I did get a response from muycup.com for mini cupcakes! They are 7 pesos for one with frosting (about 50 cents). I just need to see how small they are. I haven't received a response from either Dolcet or TurtleBay Bakery.

StephyD, I believe I saw the difference in what you wanted and the actual cake. =( I'm glad that it was delicious. I will definitely take your experience into consideration.

• 1 month later...