Hi ladies! I'm relatively new to this site - I've been engaged and "lurking" for about two months, but we finally confirmed our date/location last week! We're getting married at Mahekal Beach Resort on 4/21/12. I know it's a small resort, so there's probably not many other Mahekal brides out there, but if there is I'd love to share ideas and planning tips. Thanks! ~Alyssa 

Hi,

In my opinion you choose the right hotel. I shoot a lot of wedding in very different kind of resorts. Mahekal itâ€s a lovely small front beach hotel in the heart of Playa del Carmen:  Thatâ€s because you will get a human size and personalized wedding comparing to what you can get in big factory resorts with over 10 wedding a day!

I covered Jana and Jorgeâ€s wedding at Mahekal beach hotel. I hope that will helps you to plan your wedding there.

To give you just an idea, see below some pics of their wedding:

wedding ceremony at Mahekal Beach hotel - Playa del Carmen

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! Hopefully I'll have lots of good advice for you. One thing I've learned so far is that the wedding coordinator at Mahekal takes about a week (or more!) to respond to my emails. It can be frustrating because I'm super impatient, but I realize that's sometimes how things are down there. It's like "island time." :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...