Church wedding and AHR after the DW

mnmcutienyc

I got many ideas off of this site when I was preparing for my wedding so I figured I would give it a shot again and get some well needed advice.

We got married May 2nd on the island of St Thomas while cruising with about 40 guests. Now we've decided to do a church wedding as well in Nov which gives us little time to plan.  The question is what to do and how to start.  I don't know the proper protocol involved.  We were planning on having the church ceremony and then going to a nice restaurant afterward with just immediate family like our grandparents that weren't able to attend the DW.  No big catering hall or anything since we were anticipating on having about 20-30 ppl out for a nice, intimate dinner.

I will be wearing my wedding gown to the church and then planned on just buying another simple white gown to change into for dinner.  Are we supposed to do the whole formal invitation all over again for so few ppl?  Or can we just let ppl like friends, co-workers and such know by word of mouth that they can come witness us exchange our vows at the church? And then just let my family know since there is only a handful what our intentions are reception wise?  My family is not formal at all so I was hoping we could get away with something like that.  Or is this really out of the question?

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by mnmcutienyc View Post

I got many ideas off of this site when I was preparing for my wedding so I figured I would give it a shot again and get some well needed advice.

We got married May 2nd on the island of St Thomas while cruising with about 40 guests. Now we've decided to do a church wedding as well in Nov which gives us little time to plan.  The question is what to do and how to start.  I don't know the proper protocol involved.  We were planning on having the church ceremony and then going to a nice restaurant afterward with just immediate family like our grandparents that weren't able to attend the DW.  No big catering hall or anything since we were anticipating on having about 20-30 ppl out for a nice, intimate dinner.

I will be wearing my wedding gown to the church and then planned on just buying another simple white gown to change into for dinner.  Are we supposed to do the whole formal invitation all over again for so few ppl?  Or can we just let ppl like friends, co-workers and such know by word of mouth that they can come witness us exchange our vows at the church? And then just let my family know since there is only a handful what our intentions are reception wise?  My family is not formal at all so I was hoping we could get away with something like that.  Or is this really out of the question?

Not many ppl do this so i bet that is why you are not getting much advice. I suggest doing what feels right to you. I invited ppl by WOM for the DW so i dont think doing that is out of the question. We all have so many other things to spend money on so cut corners where you can. Happy planning!!!