Air travel to the DR

Hi ladies!

We traveled down to the DR a few weeks ago to do our wedding site visit and in the airport on the way home, I noticed a sign that said you were not allowed to have the following in your carry-ons:

Hair dryers

Curling irons

Straighteners/flat irons

Scissors (any size)

Nail clippers

Tweezers

Umbrellas 

Creams (more than 3 ounces)

Liquids (more than 3 ounces)

I had tweezers and nail clippers in my bag but was still able to get through.  But the following week I traveled to El Salvador for work and they inspected everyone's bag at the gate and took my tweezers, so I guess this must be some Central America/Caribbean restriction?  Did anyone else have a problem with this??

Thanks!

Question:

How were you able to get nail clippers, creams (more than 3 ounces) or liquids (more than 3 ounces) on a plane out of the country anyhow?

Originally Posted by sunny55143 View Post

Hi ladies!

We traveled down to the DR a few weeks ago to do our wedding site visit and in the airport on the way home, I noticed a sign that said you were not allowed to have the following in your carry-ons:

Hair dryers

Curling irons

Straighteners/flat irons

Scissors (any size)

Nail clippers

Tweezers

Umbrellas 

Creams (more than 3 ounces)

Liquids (more than 3 ounces)

I had tweezers and nail clippers in my bag but was still able to get through.  But the following week I traveled to El Salvador for work and they inspected everyone's bag at the gate and took my tweezers, so I guess this must be some Central America/Caribbean restriction?  Did anyone else have a problem with this??

Thanks!