Wedding Reception Ideas for 30 People?

Hi and thanks in advance for any assistance! I am getting married Oct. 15th at Aventura Spa Palace. We are having 30 people. I want a really fun wedding reception party that evening but am afraid we are too small a wedding party for a DJ? Thoughts? Also, any other ideas that would be fun for a group of 30 for wedding reception? I thought a boatride party like Carribean Carnival would be fun but they don't run that on Saturdays (only the pirate one).

Thank you!

Kim

I've only shot one wedding at the Aventura Spa Resort. Im not sure if they have changed their resort policy yet, but we were told they did not allow any outside vendors but allowed us on the one time.

I have gone on a rented catamaran with a small group for the wedding. You have to remember that this will take up a fair chunk of time to get everybody organized, transported to the boat, tour and back again... so this may be something to think about.

While this is a great idea to gather everybody for an adventure... my only suggestion would be to organize it on a different day than your wedding. Take your wedding day in as it unfolds and enjoy every minute of it. Don't try and do too much. There is already enough going on that you need some time to even relax... especially on your wedding day. Even if its for 20 minutes. Everybody always loves the cocktail hour! That is my only advice.

Here is a link to the Aventura Spa Wedding I shot over a year ago: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/?p=423

adventura-spa-palace-2.jpg

Kim- I got married almost 2 months ago and had 36 people (including B&G) and let me tell you, we PARTIED!!! my reception was sooo much fun. We hired DJ Doremixx and he kept the party going! so believe me, if you have a partying crowd, then you can have the best reception ever no matter if it's 10 people or 100! good luck! =)

Originally Posted by dallasbird View Post

Hi and thanks in advance for any assistance! I am getting married Oct. 15th at Aventura Spa Palace. We are having 30 people. I want a really fun wedding reception party that evening but am afraid we are too small a wedding party for a DJ? Thoughts? Also, any other ideas that would be fun for a group of 30 for wedding reception? I thought a boatride party like Carribean Carnival would be fun but they don't run that on Saturdays (only the pirate one).

Thank you!

Kim

• 4 weeks later...