My DIY monogram. Advice or opinions appreciated...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cute! My two suggestions 1. Instead of having Bayahibe 2013 straight across I would try and see how it looks rounded to fit the shape or the circle. And 2. Try and mess around the the transparency of the dark background and turtle if you make it like 45% your names will stick out much more! Overall nice job love the colors!

Wow GREAT ideas!!

Originally Posted by jamieirene View Post

So cute! My two suggestions 1. Instead of having Bayahibe 2013 straight across I would try and see how it looks rounded to fit the shape or the circle. And 2. Try and mess around the the transparency of the dark background and turtle if you make it like 45% your names will stick out much more! Overall nice job love the colors!

Thanks for the advice guys! I did lower the transparency of the background a bit, but you're right, I could do with lowering it some more. I also tried rounding the text but to no avail... can anyone shed any light on how to do it? Thanks again!! 

Kim

i think the new one is better than the first one, but I think you should make your initials larger. the ampersand isn't getting married, you are! :-)

In the end, it's your vision, and you should follow your gut and just have fun playing around with it. If you're getting frustrated, come back to it after a few days. That usually works for me.

Great point! It's like that because initially we were originally going to put our surname initial in the centre but it just didn't look right. Will have another play around. I really appreciate your comments. Sometimes you've looked at something for so long it's hard to step back and notice things that are obvious to third parties.