Makeup: Air-brush or High Definition?

Hey everyone!

I'm getting married May 11, 2012 at the Ocean Coral and Turquesa resort!  Right now I'm trying to sort out my makeup for the big day and need a little help.

I've heard good things about air-brushed make-up AND good things about high definition...so I'm torn between the two.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I'm looking for the best make-up for the heat and humidity, especially since it will be May when we're getting married.

Thanks so much!

• VIP Member

For photographs I perfer the look of air-brush.  It looks effortless and flawless all at the same time and photographs beautifully.

My main makeup advice... stay away from minerals!!!  Minerals are a photographers worst nightmare.  They have severe reflective properties and cause what looks like light beams to come out of your head.  It's rather sad actually.

Thanks Tlseege, that's great advice especially from the photography side. With the airbrush, have you ever found the makeup to melt off during a shoot?  Should I schedule a retouch before the reception?

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

For photographs I perfer the look of air-brush.  It looks effortless and flawless all at the same time and photographs beautifully.

My main makeup advice... stay away from minerals!!!  Minerals are a photographers worst nightmare.  They have severe reflective properties and cause what looks like light beams to come out of your head.  It's rather sad actually.

• VIP Member

I've never had a bride have problems with it actually.  Perhaps because they are so ready to party for their reception that it doesn't even cross their mind?  Not sure.  But I've never seen a reception retouch done and they always look gorgeous and happy at the end of the night.