Sky Lanterns!

They float until the flame dies out. once the flame dies out in them, that is when they start to come down. so they are totally safe :)

Originally Posted by ladykry View Post

Once the lanterns have flown.. What happens afterwards? What goes up must come down right? Is it safe? confused.gif

I'm also getting married at the Gran Caribe Real but not until March 2012.  I would love to use the lanterns.  Please let me know if you are able to do it.  If they charge a fee then I'm considering just going down to the beach and not asking if we can do it.  I'm not having a reception and would have less than 30 people attending the wedding so it might be easier for me to get away with it.  I did read a post on here that said the beaches were public property.

I am getting married at Secrets Maroma Beach and they are NOT allowed. I have also read the post that says the beaches are public. I am so tempted to get them and walk about 1/4 mile down the beach (where there is just jungle) and releasing them there.

I guess my biggest fear with getting in trouble is REALLY getting in trouble and being hauled off to Jail in Mexico. That would be the WORST. I am so back and forth...Suggestions anyone?