Bridal Shower

Hi there! My mom's best friend is throwing me a bridal shower and wanted a list of people to invite. We are having a very small DW (parents, siblings, wedding party and that's all). Should I invited my extended family and other friends who I am not inviting to my wedding, to the shower? I need a single present, as my Fiance and I have lived together for almost two years, so the host was going to put presentation on my wedding shower invite, as we are saving for a new TV for our basement. I don't want people to feel like they have to buy me anything, especially if they are already coming to my wedding, and paying so much money. I don't want to seem like a tacky bride, but I really do not need any gifts. Thoughts?

This is a really tricky situation.  It is always hard to ask for money and most of the time pretty tacky.  People will get you gifts no matter what you tell them, its just human nature.  What about doing a registry for a few things you have wanted to replace or a few things you dont have, then at least there are some ideas for people. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a similar situation although we do need to upgrade some household items.  I looked into the honeyfund - it is a cash registry disguised as a honeymoon registry.  Just pick out excursions, massages and such so people think they are contributing to that but really you get a check in the mail or by Paypal, then make up a story of how much fun you had doing whatever.  I know that it is not honest but whats the difference between them paying for a scuba session vs a tv?  Sometimes what people don't know won't hurt them.