Mekanabr's DIY Passport Covers w/pics & instructions

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I want to say a big thank you for posting this and taking the time to include all the detailed instructions. It was so helpful. I also found another version on youtube for covers with a flap and buckle. They are really cute but was too time consuming for my beginner skills. Your covers worked out better for me. I never sewed before so it took me a while to even figure out how to operate the sewing machine! So I tried and I think they don't look too bad. They are not as nice as yours though. Maybe after making a couple, they will turn out better. Initially I didn't understand the different sizes for the inside pockets, until I tried to slide a passport in then it made sense. This is my 1st attempt at making these and I need to find more patterns. I chose pink blue and yellow because they are part of my color theme. I think I am getting addicted at DIY stuffs. I am just running out of time and wished I started earlier. Anyhow, here are some pictures. 

Passport Covers 002.jpg

Passport Covers 001.jpg

• 3 months later...

GO WHITE! We are Spartan Alums as well- and still residing in the phenomenal city of East Lansing. :o)

GREAT job with the covers!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 View Post

Love the Spartan cover!  GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSU alum here! cheesy.gif