Our wedding April 29, 2011!!!!!

Hello Ladies,

We just got back from our nine day Weddingmoon at EPM!!!!!  I wanted to share our experiences, because it was so helpful to me when I read them in the past. EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!!!!!  The staff, beach, rooms, food, pools...everything was just wonderful.

After meeting with Yamina on our second day there, all of my nerves were calmed and I knew everything was in good hands.  Yamina was so sweet and accommodating and even when I decided to change a couple little things a couple days before the wedding, she made the changes, with no questions asked.  

I chose to do my own make-up, but transferred that service to one of my bridesmaids, who they did a really good job on.  I did have them do my hair, which turned out PERFECT!  The woman who did it, made sure every piece was in place and I have never had anyone do my hair that way. It was exactly how I had asked for it to look and I didn't even have a picture with me.

We had customized and simplified our menu, since we had rather picky guests and everyone loved the food.  The cake was phenomenal and guests said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had.  We had the vanilla cake with chocolate mouse and buttercream icing.  

The wait staff for the reception couldn't have been better. They were so sweet and made me feel so special.  For the whole rest of the trip, anytime I ran into one of them, they would say hello, say how beautiful the wedding was and even ask where some of my guests were, by name! 

We had an acoustic guitar playing for the ceremony on the beach and then the mariachi band played during the cocktail hour. The music playing through the sound system was enough for reception music until we decided to dance and we had brought an ipod and docking station, which Yamina set up for us. We only had 15 people total, so our reception was small and intimate at The Lobster House, which they had closed down for our reception. I would suggest that location for anyone, because it overlooked the winding pools, the ocean and the breeze was amazing.

We brought in our own photographer from Cancun, Fine Studio Art Photography, but also used the photographer and videographer provided in the Gold package for the ceremony.  The video came out really cute (the music was a little cheesy, but I still love it). I am glad we used the resort photographer in addition to our own, because it will take a while for us to receive the photos our photographer took, but by Monday after the wedding, the resort photographer had our video and disk of pictures ready for us, so we had something to show friends and family before we even got home!

Our wedding was on a Friday, so we had guests who stayed anywhere between Wed - Sun.  They were in all different room types and views. We suggest the upper floors, since the ground level is a little exposed to those out at the pool. Some guests who were a bit more modest had a few small issues with the lack of privacy in the bathroom (toilet room and shower). Since it is all open and you even have a window looking from the shower out into the bedroom, if it was not a couple staying in the room, it made things a little awkward when people needed to shower, get dressed or use the restroom. Turn the faucet on full blast... that usually does the trick.

Everyone loved the restaurant options and we found Spice and Agave to be some of our favorites.  The entertainment was all right and typical for resort entertainment.  

If anyone has any questions, I would love to answer any and I will post some of our pictures soon. Do stress or worry, it will all be great and the BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Please see this link for a Sneek Peek of our Trash The Dress session with Fine Art Studio Photography. http://www.fineartstudioblog.com/2011/05/03/amazing-tulum-town-and-cenote-trash-the-dress/ 

Mary :- )

Mary and Brent Trash the dress.jpgMary and Brent Trash the dress 3 .jpgMary and Brent Trash the dress 4 .jpgMary and Brent Trash the dress 2 .jpg