All-inclusive Caribbean

Traci7642

I've been searching and searching through the forums and feel like I'm going in circles!  I have always dreamed of a destination wedding and fortunately so has my future husband.  We'd really like to find a Caribbean, kid-friendly, all-inclusive, for under $1000 pp (including flight).  I know that probably seems low but my FH has a lot of friends that are currently in college and we'd really like for them to be able to afford to go.  Also, we'd really like to avoid Mexico if possible.  My family is extremely paranoid about all of the crime occurring there and have basically taken the option off the table for us.  Please help..... :)

Hmm... that may be tricky but I'd suggest looking through the Destination Weddings in Caribbean section and see what info you can come up with! I'm sure you'll find a ton of advice. I'd bet that it can be done if people are just looking to stay for  a few days. Good luck and welcome4.gif

I'd suggest finding a travel agent and asking them.  Thats what we did.  We went to her with our set criteria about cost and what locations we wanted to avoid and she gave us some great resorts to look into and research and then from there we narrowed it down.  Good luck, once we had the location and resort picked the stress seemed to disappear!

I am brand new as well and am having some difficulties finding the right resort for my fiance and I too. We are going through a Travel Agent and he has been great. Very helpful. I would suggest doing that.

We were also very skeptical about Mexico but after talking to our Travel Agent he reassured us that there was nothing to worry about so we are considering Mexico again. Not to mention Mexico can be cheaper than the Carribean. Good Luck!

Definitly contact a TA....we are having our wedding in Turks, and the airfare there is almost 600 a person, so 1000 including airfare might be a toughy, but you never know!! The rainy (hurricane) months are cheaper.....

You might try grand cayman.  I shot a wedding there last year at the reef resort.  If you book during the summer, they have discounted rooms ($160/night - sleeping 4) and the flights looked like they're less than $500 pp in July.  Grand cayman is beautiful and VERY safe.  If you're interested check these slideshows of the wedding and the TTD session:

http://nathanielsphotos.com/Natasha_and_Vincents_Wedding/

http://nathanielsphotos.com/Natasha_and_Vincents_TTD/

Good luck with your planning!

Thank you for all of the suggestions.  I have found in my searches that Mexico is substantially cheaper than most areas in the Caribbean so we may have to explore that area again.  I've kept my fair distance from the news on Mexico and the violence against tourists.  Has anyone received any recent information as to it's current safety?

I was just in Mexico this past December.  Cozumel actually.  Before travelling I was very nervous about the crime in Mexico. However, I had no issues and we travel away from the resort and into town alot.  We even took a ferry to Playa del Carmen (which I would say was even more beautiful than Cozumel).

After talking to some of the locals there we were told that the resort area in Mexico is a lot safer and hasn't had any issues.  I would think if you picked one of those area you wouldn't have anything to worry about.  I believe (and I may be wrong) that the areas to stay away from are the areas that are mostly locals. 

Mexico or Try Dominican. Punta Cana tends to be a bit more expensive,but Puerto Plate is always less expensive.   You may also consider doing your wedding in an off season. During the peak season the sam resort may cost up to 1500 where it could be as cheap as 800-900 during off season months.

Good luck!