DJ in Cabo - Pedro?

Does anyone know anything about DJ RIcardo's brother, Pedro?  Ricardo is booked on my date (Oct. 29 2011 at Dreams Cabo) but said he would set me up with his brother.  I haven't heard of him and I don't see any reviews on this site.  Thanks in advance to anyone who has info or recommendations!

I met with DJ Ricardo and his brother when I was in Cabo for my site visit in September.  DJ ricardo is going to be deejaying my wedding @ Dreams on 10/07 and so we got to watch him DJ a wedding at the resort before we hired him.  His brother was working with him that night and when Ricardo left the wedding for about 15 minutes to meet with my fiance and I, his brother took over for him. 

I'm sure his brother would do a good job because Ricardo told us that he frequently comes to weddings with him and helps out.  Although he probably is not as experienced as Ricardo and I think his english was not as good, I'm sure Ricardo wouldn't let him deejay alone if he didn't think he could. 

Is he willing to maybe discount the price for you since Ricardo himself is not available? 

Thanks for the input.. He didn't mention anything about a discount so I think I'm going to go with DJ Fradal because he has some positive feedback on this site and is reasonably priced.  Thanks for the info though Mari15t, how is your planning going?  We are going to be at dreams around the same time!

My wedding is october 29, so we'll be there a couple weeks after you.  Let me know how everything goes! :)

Originally Posted by mari15t View Post

Jbailey, what is your wedding date? I will be arriving @ Dreams on Tuesday Oct 4th and my wedding is that Friday the 7th :)

Awesome!  I bought my dress off the rack so I already have it, but I have to get it taken in still.  The dress store said I could wait until August for that though.  Other than that I am just trying to get quotes from Magda on flowers, centerpieces, etc through Dreams.  What are you doing for decoration?  Are you bringing any of your own stuff?

I will!!

So where are you in your planning??

I just went to try my gown on this past Saturday.  It came in last week and I was so stressed out about how it would fit, but luckily it fit almost perfect woot2.gif

@jbailey3183, I am getting at Dreams Los Cabos just two weeks after you! I booked DJ Pedro since DJ Ricardo was booked for that day. I haven't read too much about him, but I am putting it all on luck and recommendation of DJ Ricardo. Hope it all works out!

Originally Posted by jbailey3183 View Post

My wedding is october 29, so we'll be there a couple weeks after you.  Let me know how everything goes! :)

@ Jbailey- I am getting married at the wedding gazebo so I am not using too much decoration for the ceremony. I will have two big flower arrangements in front of the gazebo and rose petals lining the aisles.  Other than that, the location is so beautiful that I don't think it needs much else.  I do plan on bringing lots of stuff for the wedding reception (being held indoors) like my table overlays, candle votives, menus, favors, etc.  The resorts prices are expensive for lots of their decorations.  I have a lot of pricing info if you'd like me to send it you. I know Dreams prices have gone up for certain things since we signed our contract, but many of the prices are the same and it may still be helpful to give you an idea of their price range for different things.

@Mich111- I'm sure everything will work out.  Happy planning!!

Would you mind sending me the pricing info for decoration?  I have the general one that Magda sent us but I would love more detailed pricing if you have it!  Thanks for the info!

@ Jbailey- I am getting married at the wedding gazebo so I am not using too much decoration for the ceremony. I will have two big flower arrangements in front of the gazebo and rose petals lining the aisles.  Other than that, the location is so beautiful that I don't think it needs much else.  I do plan on bringing lots of stuff for the wedding reception (being held indoors) like my table overlays, candle votives, menus, favors, etc.  The resorts prices are expensive for lots of their decorations.  I have a lot of pricing info if you'd like me to send it you. I know Dreams prices have gone up for certain things since we signed our contract, but many of the prices are the same and it may still be helpful to give you an idea of their price range for different things.

@Mich111- I'm sure everything will work out.  Happy planning!!