• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

very cute.  they will definitely come in handy for your guests!

Originally Posted by skp1 View Post

I saw this in a restaurant last summer and loved the idea – instead of a book of matches advertising the restaurant they had what looked like matches, but inside were toothpicks.  I knew right away I wanted these for my wedding.  Problem is the idea has no caught on.  I could find plenty of wedding vendors selling matchbooks, but none sold toothpicks.  The only ones I found on-line were geared toward restaurants with the lowest minimum quantity being 4,000!  I was going to go ahead and purchase them anyway because I really wanted them, but seriously, what am I going to do with 4,000 of these?  So I decided to make it into a DIY project.

Using the tattered sample from last summer I made a template in Word and printed it on white cardstock.  I neglected to try one out beforehand and after getting carpel tunnel from cutting and folding, I realized I was 1/8 inch short.  Ugh!  I adjusted the template and started over.  Due to all the angles, itâ€s easier to cut with scissors as opposed to the rotary cutter so I canâ€t make too many in one sitting.  I cut the inserts using a craft knife left over from my STDs.  Then folded the flaps and along the dotted lines.  The “book†is made to hold 7 toothpicks – the fancy style ones with rounded tops.  I got a box of 250 for a little over $2.00 at my local supermarket.  So not counting my time, itâ€s a pretty cheap project.

Iâ€m putting one book in each OOT bag and then a few in the bathroom amenity baskets.  Iâ€d love to have some more, but they are time consuming to make so Iâ€m not sure Iâ€ll be able to do it.  I have a few more projects to do, so weâ€ll see.  I'm attaching pictures and template in case anyone else wants to do it too.

DSC00840.JPG

DSC00841.JPGDSC00843.JPG

toothpicks.docx

• 3 weeks later...