Need advice about site visit

For those of you who have done site visits in Cabo, did you find that you had to make appointments (hotels, wedding coordinators, and villa tours) on weekdays? We would like to go on a site visit soon, but we might only be able to go Friday late afternoon to Tuesday morning.

Do you have general site visit pointers?

Thanks

I would highly recommend appointments. We made an appointment with our WC, photographer, Cake baker, and the different wedding coordinators at each site we were considering. We also made sure to eat dinners at places that we could have our RD, and made sure to speak with the manager following the dinner.

I did my site visit the weekend before July 4th. Be prepared that most people don't make appointments on Sunday's. But you can use that day to check out other things (Costco, restaurants, etc.)

I did make appointments and most of the vendors in Cabo seem to be on their own timeline. One of my appointments didn't show up. It was at a restaurant I wanted to look into for my Welcome Dinner. I refused to wait around after I specifically confirmed the appointment a couple of days before. I guess they didn't need my business bad enough. Don't be surprised if this happens to you - seems to be the norm in Cabo.

We did a 2.5 days site visit before our wedding. I Had appointments for everything. As far as a car rental, it made things easier.... However with that said, if you already know the resort your getting married at & if your having the reception there as well then you may not need one. Sweet Dreams met us at the resort for our site visit, as well as our WC. If you hired a WC, (I hired Maye) she offered to help take you to places. SO I don't think a car rental is required. For us we rented on only because at the time we didn't choose a resort, so I visited several of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely rent a car! Cabs are not the best option, in my opinion. With a car, you can zip yourself all over town and really get to know your way around. Just drive in the right lane and let everyone pass you on the left and you'll be fine :)

(I guess I should say if you are just going to Cabo San Lucas and don't plan on leaving a 5 block radius then you might not need a car, but if you want to explore San Jose, the corridor, etc, then I would get a car.)

I definitely would rent a car. Especially if you're planning to go to multiple locations. Cabs in Cabo can get very expensive.

When we went to Cabo, we were debating the Riu Palace & Dreams. We were staying at the Riu and planned to make an appointment with the WC while we were there. We already had an appointment with the WC at Dreams. We did drive around and check out a couple other hotels (Sheraton, Westin, Hilton) but really were intent on going the AI route.

Definitely rent a car! Also if you do rent a card on your mastercard or AMEX you can probably just bring a printout of the CDW insurance and just pay for the liability.

You should make appointments as much as you can. It is possible to just show up someplace but don't expect anyopne to show you around if you do. I would also recommend looking at pictures/reviews ahead of time so you can rule out/in any places ahead of time. We went and saw about a million places and it was crazy but totally worth it because the places we thought we'd like we didn't and the places we thought we wouldn't like we loved!

Are you looking for AI or non-AI?