Purchasing a shoulder strap?

Hi ladies!

I tried searching the forum for this but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where you could purchase a shoulder strap to get added to a wedding dress? I am thinking of adding a one shoulder strap to my dress. I haven't purchased yet but it is a mermaid style with ruffles on the bottom, so I think a shoulder strap would look really cute. Any ideas? I tried looking on etsy and didn't see anything.....

Hmm... My advice would be to ask your seamstress to do it. Get him/her to save the fabric from when they hem your gown (unless you're 7'5", chances are you'll need some taken off the bottom). I bet they could easily turn it into a strap and, bonus, the fabric will match!

Update on the shoulder strap-I went and ordered my dress yesterday. Luckily they JUST got some shoulder straps in that could be ordered (they didn't have them 2 weeks before!). So I found one that goes PERFECT with my dress, it matches the beautiful beading! It is from Alfred Sung. I love that it will be detachable so I can decide when I want to wear it!!!!!

• 5 months later...