Anyone not do a wedding video and regret it later?

We are spending $500 to have a videographer for just one hour- basically the ceremony.  My FH's grandparents aren't in great health, so they won't be coming to the wedding.  I think it's important for us to be able to watch the ceremony with them when we get back. 

We really wanted to have one but when it came down to the budget there just isn't enough money.  We will just have our family videotape it and how it works out good, and if it doesn't we will still have our pictures. 

I thought about getting a videographer for a while, but we'll have photography for the wedding day and a TTD session with full copyrights to the photos, so I am just going to make a slideshow with music too.  It won't record our vows but I think photo's capture a lot of emotion and I'll probably look at them A LOT more often than I would the video.  My family has asked because none of them will be there, and I told them we'll show them photo's and can get them copies, and unless they want to fund videography, than it's a no go! lol

We keep going back and forth on this.  I have had requests from family that can't come to have it videotaped.  But I really hate to spend the extra money.  I was just curious if anyone had decided against doing a video and regret it later.

Our good friends choose not to andit was the bogged regret from their wedding and years later and they are still regretting it. We found a wonderful photographer who is also doing our video and for the price we don't even think twice! Check him out he is supper nice and quick to answer emails! http://www.joseluishernandez.com/ Hope this helps!