Custom made wedding dress?

I was just curious if any of you have gone this route. I read some good things about a company called Julius Bridal. Apparently they have a store front somewhere in NY, but the dresses are made in China. You can send them a picture of a dress you like and they'll custom make it.

This is the dress that I really love, but since it's from a Tara Keely Spring 2006 collection, I haven't been able to locate it to try on, so I don't know how exactly it would look on me sad.gif

Click the image to open in full size..

Julius Bridal quoted me $500 to make it, but I am not sure if I should do it or not. I still have about 9 months before my wedding and it should come in 1-2 months, so I would still have time to find an alternative if it doesn't work out, but I really hope that wouldn't happen.

So what do you all think? And if anyone has had any experience getting a dress custom made, I'd love to hear your experience. Thanks!!!

Thanks Tlseege. I'm glad to hear someone else likes it because I've tried looking for this dress used, but no luck...So I was thinking it wasn't very popular. But I love how simple and flowy it is. Plus, I'm really set on strapless. Just wish I could find it!