Spanish theme

Hi ladies,

So I've decided to do a Spanish theme wedding - in Mexico! lol.  I want to create an elegant, Spanish feel. Without using the traditional red and black.  I think I'm going to use vibrant blues, oranges, yellows and reds.

I did a search but came up empty-handed. Has anyone done this or planning to?? 

My dress has a Spanish feel to it, and so far I've come up with these ideas for creating the atmosphere:

-Table numbers in Spanish

-Fun "senor" moustaches for photos

-Spanish lace fans on the chairs for the ceremony

-Maracas for table favours (thanks to the lovely ladies on this forum for that idea) with "shake for a kiss" tags

And that's it so far... :(

Does anyone have any other ideas for classy decorations or items that would help with this theme??

Thanks!!

Hi!  I thought about doing the Spanish theme in Mexico too because I lived in Spain for a couple years.  Instead we are doing more of a Mexican-beachy theme, but here are some of the ideas I was considering:

• Spanish (flamenco) guitarist for our cocktail hour
  • traditional tapas or pintxos for appetizers
  • serving sangria as our signature cocktail (or white sangria if it's super hot!)
  • paella for a dinner option
  • red sashes for the guys (think running of the bulls!)
  • Table cards could be Spanish slang words for love with their definitions on the back (i.e.: media naranja = soul mate;  ) or names of cities in Spain. 
  • I also thought it would be fun to have a pro salsa or flamenco dancer at the reception to teach and dance with guests. 
  • Postcard prints from famous Spanish artists/cities (if you are looking for your colors, look up Gaudi! His architecture could be your inspiration!)

I would consider doing castanets instead of maracas as table favors too.  They are traditionally Spanish and are fun to dance with.  :)

Hope that helps!  Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd do a passed Margarita or a agua fresca since its in mexico.  Some traditional things you can look up I'm not sure if your having a religous ceramony is a lasso ceramony and arras ceramony you can search for both online.  I'd also try to keep the food more ethnic someone gave you ideas for spanish as in spain but I'd go for more traditional mexican.  Id think succulants and sunflowers for flowers and go for colors like cobolt and yellow.  I think if you do some google searches you'll come up with great ideas.

Good luck

• 3 months later...