How easy is it to turn a ball gown into... not a ball gown?

Hello all. I have been looking for a feminine, romantic, flowy wedding dress. There are LOTS to choose from, but not so much if you're an hourglass shape. Empire makes me look pregnant, Fit-and-Flare over-accentuates my curves (as does trumpet). I need something with substantial support on the top, which is found in almost every singe ball gown. So. I love the look of Maggie Sottero Chardonnay and am wondering if I just removed a few layers of the tulle, would it turn into what I've been looking for? Because the top layer is organza, I am not so concerned w/it laying funny.

Any guesses as to how (in)correct this theory may be?

Chardonnay_front.jpg

I have been to David's twice. I've tried on that gown both times actually. I am yet to be impressed by the quality of their fabrics. The satins are fine, but the organza and chiffon seem cheap, scratchy and a tad on the stiff side. This is especially disappointing since they have a petite line, which is helpful for my 5'2" height.

Ho hum.

An A-line will probably be what I end up w/if this idea doen't pan out. I've tried on quite a few dresses and it seems as though the ball gown waists hit closer to my natural wasitline. Perhaps it is only because of the specific dresses that I've pulled, or perhaps it's just my imaginiation. At this point who knows! cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

I'm sorry! I haven't seen the gown in person just online and read reviews!! I bought my gown there online and love it!!

No apologies necessary at all!! You're all just trying to help me and I'm just being a poop about it. I have looked @ their online only dresses and was hesitant... Kudos to you for being so brave! That was a big risk that really paid off for you! Not to mention the price tags are lower. Well done indeed!