Mantilla Veil and beach wedding?

Hi Ladies!

I need your opinions please :)

I am absolutely in LOVE with the Mantilla Veil! My dress is a plain white strapless mermaid/trumpet made with elastic woven satin.  Since it is so plain, I thought that the Mantilla Veil will add some detail to my look.  My dress has a very small train too.. but I still gotta get it altered soo i can change that if anything.  I am looking at this veil and going for this type of look where my dress is form fitting and my veil is longer than the dress..

Now, is this appropriate for a wedding on a beach?  My MOH and her husband are saying that a veil as a train is not appropriate for a beach wedding...I am getting married at MP and I haven't chosen the location yet but I was originally on the beach.  Also, how LONG should it be?  I found on ebay this veil (image #1) and it is 3 meters= 9.84251969 feet!!
I am 5'4" and if i wear heels, i'll be 5'8" the tallest LOL (I dont want to be taller than the groom!) So that means my veil would be 4 ft long from the end of my feet!!  I can adjust the length though per the ebay seller..so back to my question - how long? :)

One more question (ahhahah i know, i dont have anymore life lines LOL) - if you had your wedding on the beach, did you and your girls wear heels??

Let me know what you guys are thinking with my dilemma :) pleaseeee

veil.jpgmantilla-veil-spanish-mantilla-300.jpg

I love the Mantilla as well and bought one for the same reason. BUT mine as elbow length. I guess it would drag in the sand if it is that long, but also if you are not going to wear it all night what does it matter. One problem you may run into is if it is windy it may pull back alot.

As for shoes i'm going with flip flops, but my ceremony isn't on the beach, if it was i would go barefoot!