Bimini Bay - transportation recommendations?

iGotsGills

I'm about a month into planning for my October 1, 2011 wedding and we've just (within the last 12 hours) decided on Bimini.  Has anyone been married here that can recommend cost effective ways to get guests from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami to Bimini?  $200 round trip flights are the best option right now, but with the cost of the resort and the lack of all-inclusiveness, we would really love to save our guests some money on transportation if we can.  Thanks in advance for recommendations!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if there's another option....If you can afford it you can charter a boat but otherwise I would try and do priceline - if you're booking a lot of seats together you might be able to name your price at $120 - there is no being picky when you name your price though - you get what you get but I think it's the best option...I don't think you'll get as low a rate for 3 or 4 tickets but try to do them together...Good luck!

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else comes across this thread looking for info on Bimini Bay: we are not having our wedding there.  We're currently in the process of scouting other out island locations.  After three emails and two phone calls requesting information and expressing extreme interest, we received zero response from anyone there.  That does not speak to ease of working relationship even if we ever did hear back, and that would make me very nervous working at a distance.  Too bad.