Has anyone experienced bringing in an outside DJ to the Moon Palace, Cancun, Mexico??

Hello.. I'm getting married at the Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico on 4/30/2011.  I've got some amazing reviews on DJ Mannia.  I know that the Moon Palace does not allow outside vendors unless they are staying at the resort. 

Has anyone had any experience with bringing in their own DJ at the Moon Palace??

Hi CynLovesLuis,

The Moon Palace sent me their policy and it's insane!  So, it does look like they allow outside DJ's however their FEE'S to do this are ridiculous!!  I've been in contact with another bride that just had her wedding at the Moon Palace about 2 weeks ago.  She said there are ways to get around the fees, but you just have to be stern.  I showed her the policy that my WC sent me and she said that must be new because all she paid the Moon Palace was a flat fee of $250.00. 

PM me and I'll send you the email exchange between the bride and myself.  She was so helpfull with her responses.

thanks so much for the offer!

Originally Posted by smanriquez View Post

Hi CynLovesLuis,

The Moon Palace sent me their policy and it's insane!  So, it does look like they allow outside DJ's however their FEE'S to do this are ridiculous!!  I've been in contact with another bride that just had her wedding at the Moon Palace about 2 weeks ago.  She said there are ways to get around the fees, but you just have to be stern.  I showed her the policy that my WC sent me and she said that must be new because all she paid the Moon Palace was a flat fee of $250.00. 

PM me and I'll send you the email exchange between the bride and myself.  She was so helpfull with her responses.

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBeachXO View Post

I'm getting married at the MP April 9,2011 and am trying to figure out what the best option is for music during the reception. Any tips or advice on what the DJ is like through MP would be great. Also, is is best to bring your own music for the ceremony? I'm worried about timing if I have to do it myself.

By what I read on other threads, Moon Palace DJ is way over priced and not very good.  I think they charge about $1,400 for 3 hours.  That's ridiculous!  You can do an ipod and rent the MP's equipment (i.e speakers, microphone, etc) and assign someone at your wedding to be in charge of the music for you.  It's the last thing you want to worry about on your beautiful day.  Check out some other threads on the MP DJ.