MayanVibes DJ for our Dream Tulum wedding

We have booked MayanVibes, DJ Bijan for our DT wedding in November. Anyone here ever use him? He seems great, his prices were the best that I found in the Riviera Maya area, and he was very quick in his replies. Just haven't seen anyone on the forum use him before, so just curious.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Here is his website

www.mayanvibes.com

I was quoted $500 for DJ services from 6pm until 10:30. We gave him a $100 deposit through paypal. He provides the set-up, music and lights. He also has a mic etc and will announce dances, cake cutting etc and it is available for you to use for speeches if you'd like. He is super quick to answer email. He asks for a list of songs that you enjoy in order to customize your playlist, and also a list of any songs you 'do not want played' :)

Here is his email address

[email protected]

Good luck :)

I just contacted him and his prices have jumped in just a couple of weeks since you posted contacting him.  It's not a huge amount but I was still surprised.  I was quoted $675 to have him at Dreams Tulum from 6-10:30 but if I book this month it'll be $550.  We're definitely going to go ahead and book with him most likely because one of my stressors is making sure we have someone to announce us and everything and I don't want to bother one of my guests with that task. 

Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post

I just contacted him and his prices have jumped in just a couple of weeks since you posted contacting him.  It's not a huge amount but I was still surprised.  I was quoted $675 to have him at Dreams Tulum from 6-10:30 but if I book this month it'll be $550.  We're definitely going to go ahead and book with him most likely because one of my stressors is making sure we have someone to announce us and everything and I don't want to bother one of my guests with that task. 

I think that I was pretty lucky. I just happened upon his name from a HUGE web search. I think that he is just starting to do more weddings?... Apparently he is originally from Canada, or at least spent many years here so there will be no language barrier during the reception :)

His prices are still sooooo much lower than others that I was quoted. I hate to sound like a penny pincher, but all the wedding costs add up quickly, plus the vacation costs for ourselves and our 3 kids!

Originally Posted by mimi73 View Post

I think that I was pretty lucky. I just happened upon his name from a HUGE web search. I think that he is just starting to do more weddings?... Apparently he is originally from Canada, or at least spent many years here so there will be no language barrier during the reception :)

His prices are still sooooo much lower than others that I was quoted. I hate to sound like a penny pincher, but all the wedding costs add up quickly, plus the vacation costs for ourselves and our 3 kids!

Oh yes I agree his pricing is soo much better than everyone else I've talked to that are $900 or more.   I'm waiting back for another quote from him to see what it would be to have him also do the ceremony as well. 

Alright I heard back from him and it will be an additional $100 for him for the ceremony so to have him from beginning to end is $650, if we just ended up using him for the reception we would still have to pay for the stereo system for the ceremony at $150 so we could save ourselves $50, definitely worth it to me.