My DIY Message in a bottle invites are finally done!

So I tried posting this before but I must not have read the posting instructions correctly because I ended up adding an album....what?!?!  LOL

I'm so excited about how they turned out, however I really should have thought through the real starfish on the bottle...they're cute, but I think a lot of them ended up getting smashed in the mail...UGH!!

Here's some detail on what I used and where I bought the materials, hopefully this will help anyone looking for ideas:

Label:  Aqua cardstock from Michael's and white mailing labels from Office Max; I bought the starfish from a vendor on E-bay, they were super cheap, I think I ended up getting 250 for 8 bucks!

Bottle:  SandArtSupplies.com - they had the best prices, I think I ended up only paying $1.13 per bottle (plus shipping, of course), however that did include the box for mailing.

Sand and Sea Shells:  I originally bought a bag of shells from Michael's but I went to the Dollar Tree and found that they had the same shells in a slightly smaller bag AND the sand!  I only used about 4 or 5 bags of shells and 1 1/2 containers of sand for 125 invites.

Ribbon:  Michael's - 3 spools for $1, you can't go wrong!

Bottles1.JPG

Invites1.JPGInvitepg1.JPG

invitationpg2.jpg

FinishedBottle.JPG

• Like 1