RIU Negril v. Riu Tropical Bay

Hi!

Does anyone know the difference between RIU Negril and RIU Tropical Bay? I just got back from Negril a couple of weeks ago but didn't check out these resorts. I remember RIU Negril being the one further from Negril proper, but other than that (and the price difference) is one truly "better" than the other? Just considering for accommodations, not for ceremony/reception.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

We stayed at the RPTB last June and loved it. We loved it enough that we are 99% sure that we are going to have our 2011 wedding there.

In my opinion, the TB is more upscale than the Negril. Our rooms were nice, beach was great and the food was good (especially the sushi and the steakhouse).

The RN has the night club, but we never needed to go to that property for anything. We did meet other couples that stayed at the RN and they said they preferred our resort to theirs.

I hope some of this info helps! Let us know what you decided.

Thanks so much for the info!  I was wondering the same thing about the 2 resorts...  :)

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie View Post

We stayed at the RPTB last June and loved it. We loved it enough that we are 99% sure that we are going to have our 2011 wedding there.

In my opinion, the TB is more upscale than the Negril. Our rooms were nice, beach was great and the food was good (especially the sushi and the steakhouse).

The RN has the night club, but we never needed to go to that property for anything. We did meet other couples that stayed at the RN and they said they preferred our resort to theirs.

I hope some of this info helps! Let us know what you decided.