Satin okay for beach wedding?

Hi All,

getting married in Mexico on the beach in January at 3pm so I'm a little nervous about my dress... I got it for a steal at Filene's Basement during my lunch break!

It's an Amsales dress that I love but it's rona satin. I'm scared that it might be too heavy for the beach. It's not a big dress (1 layer of crinolin from the knee down), but it is satin.

If I go for another dress, I know I won't be able to afford something designer like this. So I wonder if it's worth the drop in quality b/c I might be hot...

Any advicehuh.gif? Did anyone wear a satin dress? I've seen a lot of photos of princess dresses which I would think would be hotter but maybe not if they're silk (?).

Who knows this will be my first time wearing a wedding gown!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks!!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks!

future hubby suggested the same thing. I think he hopes that means he can change too! I'm not opposed to the idea but I figure I only get to wear it once, so I'm going to want to wear it all day. Heck, I want to wear it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessyboston View Post
hi... where in boston ar you from...good luck planning the only thing about silk is when you sweat it can stain that would be my only concern......its so beautiful.....happy planning......
We live in Medford, just a couple of miles from downtown. it's super convenient since Pete is a chef in Back Bay and I work in town too.

What about youhuh.gif