Question about hotel venues

mpark46

If we wanted to use a hotel for a venue (Hilton, Westin, Sheraton) do we (and our guests) have to be staying at the hotel?

Also, is it possible to just rent the ceremony venue and then have the reception elsewhere?

Finally, out of the three hotels which venue do you guys think would be the most appropriate for a very small wedding...about 15 guests?

Thanks for all your help! I'm SOOOO glad I found BDW!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpark46 View Post
If we wanted to use a hotel for a venue (Hilton, Westin, Sheraton) do we (and our guests) have to be staying at the hotel?

Also, is it possible to just rent the ceremony venue and then have the reception elsewhere?

Finally, out of the three hotels which venue do you guys think would be the most appropriate for a very small wedding...about 15 guests?

My friend got married at the Sheraton and had 28 guests. The place is beautiful and the chapel where she got married is ideal for a wedding ceremony. I know that in order for her to get married at the sheraton she had to have x number of rooms booked or she had to pay $3,000 (I think). The outdoor Palapa reception area was beautiful and every detail was fabulous. Food was great, service was outstanding, etc...I could go on and on.

I think it's a perfect place to have smaller wedding there. You won't be disappointed. :) good luck.

I don't think you have to be staying at the hotel, but If they might give you a discount on your room if you are having your wedding there.. or they may discount some expenses of your wedding. I think you should do the Westin.. What was the other question?? Oh yeah, I think you can swing it however you want reception one place, ceremony the other, cocktail hour somewhere else. It's your wedding do what you want!! pinkie.gif

I bet you could just have the ceremony at a hotel. But, like others have said, you might get some price breaks if guests stay there or the reception is there.

I haven't been to the Hilton, but I think the Westin and the Sheraton are great. What kind of backdrop would you like for your wedding? Have you seen all three places? The Sheraton struck me as lush, beautiful and very "Spanish hacienda". The Westin seemed dramatic to me because the exterior walls are painted intense colors, the architecture includes lots of angles and clean lines (Does that make sense?I'm not an architect.), and some of the balconies provide great views of waves smashing into rocks. As for which would be better for a small ceremony, I'm not sure. I like both places.

Thanks for asking your question. I'm interested in everyones' replies too.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpark46 View Post

Of the three you mention I would pick the Hilton for service and beach/cove for your ceremony. The Sheraton also has a great beach with cool rock formations AND interesting/colorful architechture. Since you are a group of 15 you might want to try the intimate Cabo Surf Hotel setting.