Has anyone married in the cenotes?

Was having our first official "how do we want to marry" convo with the future husband, and he pretty much stated that he thinks the whole idea of getting married on the beach to be a bit cliched (sad.gif). I can't blame him though since he is from the area!

However, he said he has always wanted to get married in the cenotes! You know, the underwater caves? At first I was pretty taken aback, but after seeing some of the pictures online it seems like a cool idea!!

I saw Del Sol did a wedding there with some great photos, but I have found NOTHING online as to how to make this happen, or even where to have reception..blah, blah....

So anyone have any news or ideas? Even if you had your TTD session maybe you could provide some input...thanks!!bunny_4.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikstarrynite7 View Post
Was having our first official "how do we want to marry" convo with the future husband, and he pretty much stated that he thinks the whole idea of getting married on the beach to be a bit cliched (sad.gif). I can't blame him though since he is from the area!

However, he said he has always wanted to get married in the cenotes! You know, the underwater caves? At first I was pretty taken aback, but after seeing some of the pictures online it seems like a cool idea!!

I saw Del Sol did a wedding there with some great photos, but I have found NOTHING online as to how to make this happen, or even where to have reception..blah, blah....

So anyone have any news or ideas? Even if you had your TTD session maybe you could provide some input...thanks!!bunny_4.gif
:)

Glad u liked...

There is no "how to" book on this amiga... we scripted our own cosmic ceremony for the first we have ever done.

This kind of thing hasn't been done before by others (at least not that we know and for sure, not published).

We basically created the package, arranged all the details, made arrangements to RENT THE PROPERTY (this one is big, u just can't walk into a place like this and throw down with a ceremony) etc..The logistics involved are very very difficult and guests counts need to be very low.

Not that this is a proprietary thing for del Sol because anybody can do anything they wish.... we just have experience in doing things that really challenge the ordinary and the cenote wedding HIT THE SPOT!

My guess, nobody here will chime in "oh, here is my cenote wedding" because its just not being done regularly. In fact, in all of our career, we have only done 3 of them. The 4th is coming up in 1 week!

Check out this cenote wedding:04.07.10 Matt + Alissa | Cenote Wedding + TTD | Photos by Matt Adcock + Sol Tamargo

Followed by them doing a TTD just after the ceremony...a trip to the beach too with some ruins...

Good luck. If you want to learn more, send an email to our studio manager Melissa info @ delsolphotography.com

cheers,
matt

Thanks for the reply Matt. I'm starting to get the idea that this is a rare thing...course the Mister would pick something complicated :| lol

Maybe I can do some persuading as to just do a TTD in the cenote and do the wedding at Xcaret (his second choice)....all my friends tell me "It's your day! Do what you want!" but it is his day too after all!

Originally Posted by Mrs.S2B View Post

Check out Hacienda Tres Rios in Riviera Maya- they have cenotes and may be able to accomodate....good luck!

That might be the hotel I'm thinking of.  One of the hotels in RM has a cenote & they perform weddings there.

We just finished an amazing cosmic ceremony in a cenote with a couple.... followed by a TTD.    What an incredible amazing mind blowing adventure.   3 languages.   Spanish translated to English translated to Korean.    Unbelievable day today... photos coming soon!

matt

• 2 years later...
Originally Posted by magikstarrynite7 View Post

Hello magikstarrynite7

I hope this helps,  How about trying to have you ceremony at location that can meet both your needs! Hacienda Tres Rios has a cenote area for your ceremony, and maybe have a beach  reception.  It really has some beautiful grounds.

another option can be to have both the ceremony and reception in this beautiful cave restaurant called Alux. If you want to keep things completely off the beach. 

Feel free to ask me anything and I will be happy to help.

Happy Planning

Joyce