Hey ladies – thought I’d share my first real DIY project with you. I found this picture on Martha Stewarts website :

Click the image to open in full size.

Then I decided to re-create it in my own colors. I bought the scrapbook from Katie & Co here in Houston – it’s Rag & Bone size large for $119.00. You could certainly use any scrapbook from Michaels to be more cost effective.

The pages can accommodate 4 4-Bar envelopes from Paper Source. Here’s a picture of the book & the first two pages.

I went to Paper Source here in Houston with my book and a picture of Martha Stewarts version. They helped me pick out the colored envelopes:

(16) Fuchsia, (16) Poppy, (16) Antique Gold, (16)Chocolate. (Come in packs of 10 for $3.50)

Total of 16 pages and 64 envelopes

Each page would have one fuchsia and one poppy then I’d alternate using two chocolates and two golds.

Once I had the envelopes picked out, I bought 4-bar sized cream note cards (Packs of 25 for $4.95). And then the woman at Paper Source showed me how to make envelope liners. It’s super easy, they have envelope liner templates for $10.95 and the papers range from $2.95-$4.95. I was able to get 16 4-bar sized envelope liners from 1 sheet of paper. Then you use about three strips of double sided tape to affix the liner to the envelope.

Here’s an up close of the lined envelope:

I am the most uncreative, uncrafty, impatient person on the planet but I think it turned out really well and it was sooooo super easy. I spent 1 weekend on it – a few hours on Friday afternoon and a few hours Saturday morning and I was done. If anyone wants to try this – you can order the materials from Wedding Invitations, Envelopes, Stationery, Crafts | Paper Source or visit a store if you have one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...