So I realized I cannot afford letterpress invites, but I'd still like to have them. I found this letterpress online called Epic Six from lifestylecrafts.com that sells for about $150. It comes ready with all you need (actually the wording isn't, so you'd have to get a custom-made plate or just print regularly and letterpress a design that comes included). I so want to go for it and at the same time I'm so scared that I'll blow half my budget on the Epic Six if I can't pull it off.

Your thoughts?

I bought the Epic Six just for fun and it sucks, I even saw a demonstration at the NY stationery show and even the people that work there weren't able to get a clear impression, some parts of the things you print will not get good ink coverage in my opinion it's a waste of money.. I have it around anyway in case I find a good use for it but if you want perfect invitations I definitely don't recommend you waste your money on it.

I agree with Anny! I bought it because I wanted to do my own Christmas cards with it. After trying about 10 times to get a good even impression I gave up. I was really excited when it first came out and had high hopes, but there's nothing that takes the place of real letterpress :)

• 1 year later...