Hi everyone.I'm planning a carribean weddin for early 2011. Only in researching stage

sarameeko

Welcome and good luck with the planning! We started with a pretty broad list of location possibilities and we chose the Dominican Republic - the major factors in our decision were:

visa issues

direct flights - large group and lots of small children

all-inclusive resorts

From there we just started weeding out places.

HI there,

I too am getting married in the Dominican because it is more affordable for my guests. If you want modern this can be done on how you plan your decorations, reception, etc. Check out Dreams Palm Beach, the restaurants are very funky looking and can may have that feel you are looking for.

All the comments are really helping me narrow down my search. I came up with these criterias by priority:

1. Value of packages for my guests

2. Availibities of flights from Toronto

3. Quality of hotel

4. Local wedding vendors

5. The tropical views

The Palm Beach Punta Cana looks great but it seemed like they don't have that much availibity for February. I need to search more and come up with another date.

I'd like to have the carribean theme so I thought Dominican and Bahamas could be good choices. I'm not sure if I should consider Cuba...are there a lot of wedding plannings in Cuba. I have gone to Veradero and the beaches were beautiful.

Thanks