Punta Cana in April/May?

I've been twice before in April. First time, no rain at all, hot and sunny the whole week. Second time, it rained hard once (late in the afternoon) for about 15 minutes before the sun came out again...it was kinda nice actually. The rest of the week was beautiful.

I think the weather in April is generally good and probably safe as far as wedding planning goes.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post
I've been twice before in April. First time, no rain at all, hot and sunny the whole week. Second time, it rained hard once (late in the afternoon) for about 15 minutes before the sun came out again...it was kinda nice actually. The rest of the week was beautiful.
I think the weather in April is generally good and probably safe as far as wedding planning goes.
oh wow...good to know! I was wondering the exact same thing

• 3 weeks later...

I was just there May 15th and it rained a few times but usually in the evening and once during the day for a short time. The locals say April and May are the rainy season but we pretty much had perfect weather. I actually booked my wedding there for next May.