Early RSVP on wedding website?

(Maybe this topic has been covered and I can't find it, so if so please post the thread link.)

Is it rude to ask people to let me know ahead of time if they are positive they will NOT be going? I was thinking about posting something like this question on my website, but I'm hesitant to do so. I really want to get an idea of the head count early so I know what I'm in for cost wise for the reception. I'm honestly hoping for a small head count so we can do a more intimate dinner reception that will cost less.

Also at what time frame did you send out your invites? I sent the STD's at 6 months, plan on sending the invites at 4 months, and plan on asking guest to RSVP 2 months prior. Is that enough time to plan? How did you do it?

This is also a source of stress for us as well. I wish we knew. We have a bunch of family we don't see often who we assume won't come but you never know.

We sent our Save-the-dates out 9 months beforehand. Very early I'm sure but we wanted people to have lots of notice and start saving if they want to join us. We are going to send out our invitations about 4-5 months before the wedding and we are asking for a early response date of 2 months before the wedding. We need a final head count 30 days before the wedding and I'm assuming a lot of people will ignore our RSVP date. We are really asking for early notice from people but I figure they should have an idea far enough in advance since they have to book a flight and hotel.

You certaining can ask people on your website to RSVP as soon as they know their plans and have an option for "maybe" just to get an idea.

Good luck!

I don't think it is rude at all. Unlike a wedding in a hometown, in this situation people should know well in advance if they can attend or not attend. On our information to guests we are setting the deadline to book 1 month ahead of the actual date so even if someone lags behind they still have time to book.

We did our STD 9 months prior and are doing our invites 4 months prior and requesting a response 1 1/2 months prior, however, we are assuming we will know prior to the RSVP on who is coming by who is actually booked to come. Maybe that is just wishful thinking though

I sent my STD's out 10 months ahead. I asked everyone to RSVP on the website but only two people did. My mom and his mom. Even the people that booked the trip didnt RSVP. If working in marketing has told me one thing its that people dont like to read.....except brides.

• 2 weeks later...