Deposit and hotel rooms for wedding guests

snow88

Not sure where I should ask this but I was wondering how it works when you block rooms for your wedding guests. You pay a deposit and what happens if the guests stay somewhere else or don't go at all? Do you lose all of your deposit?

This is all new for me. Normally, when I book a room that's it all done and decided.

Usually when you do a group block you can hold the rooms for a certain amount of time, as long as you release any unbooked rooms prior to the deadline, you won't be penalized. Any deposit you pay to hold the rooms, should go towards your room balance.

hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
Usually when you do a group block you can hold the rooms for a certain amount of time, as long as you release any unbooked rooms prior to the deadline, you won't be penalized. Any deposit you pay to hold the rooms, should go towards your room balance.

hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply.

I've been thinking about this too...my TA said it's might be worth just calling/emailing everyone that we know wants to come and tell them the deposit is due that week and then sending out invites to everyone. Those that change their mind and decide to come later can usually also get the group rate. Think we're going to do that cause I can't really afford to put down everyone's deposit (we're expecting about 40-60 people).