Hi Girls-

Just got an email back from Pilar-only took about a week this time...lol.  Hopefully the correspondence will get faster since my wedding is in less than a month.  I think we have finally got the quote totally worked out...except that she still shows my reception on the Festival Terrace instead of Las Olas (even though I've corrected it for her on about 10 emails)-but the money and all the swaps were correct.  Speaking of swaps-I'm really disappointed that they are not allowing this anymore.  The a la cart prices are high in my opinion-so it just makes sense to change out a few items to customize a package.  Her flexibility with that kind of thing was one of the main reasons I chose this resort.  I'm really sorry about the girls that are having so many issues with this stuff!  I know it's a pain-especially when you don't get answers for 2 weeks and you're in the middle of trying to plan other things based on her answers. 

Ok-so here's the new info I have.

DJ Info:

Alex Martinez

AV Solutions

email:  [email protected]

Office:     8-98-84-09
Cellular:   9981-47-49-34

The DJ can make special announcements-he just wants to a schedule and an idea of what you want him to say.

You can also bring your own CD or IPOD if you have certain songs you want him to play intermixed with his regular music.  He would prefer  them to be in ".wav" or ".mp3" format.

Buffet Options for Dinner:

I I had a hard time picking the buffet to use for the reception (I have more than 50 people-so I went with this option).

There were different things I liked from each menu.  I ended up going with "The Mexican" which is a random assortment of traditional mexican dishes.  Anyway-there were a few things on the buffet that I did not really care for and asked if I could swap them for dishes from some of the other buffet menus.  I was hesitant to post this because of all the swapping controversy-but she just sent me the emailing saying it was ok 2 days ago-so I'm hoping it's still an option for the other brides that may have been thinking the same thing.

I got the impression that she would not let you create your own customized menu with all kinds of different things from all the menus-but she appears to be ok with changing out a few items. 

Hope this helps!

Tracy-Thank you soooo much for the info you just provided for the DJ and the buffet menu. I am also thinking of going with the buffet The Italian menu but would like to switch out a few items. Haven't decided for sure yet but I am glad to hear that Pilar is being somewhat accomodating as it is difficult to please so many guests. Did you get additional DJ hours and if so what was your cost? I think I need only one additional hour.

I have 2 additional hours of the DJ-she is charging me $350 per hour-so with taxes it ends up being around $780.  That quote is ridiculous and I tried to argue with her over it many times but it was one of the few things she wouldn't budge on-and something I wasn't willing to give up-so Pilar won that battle. 

My DJ for our at home reception in Houston is only $450 for 4 hours!  And that includes a projection screen so I can play a slide show of Mexico for my guests. 

One more thing-I don't know if anyone else is using these-but I have about 30 round paper lanterns with lights in them that I plan to use at Las Olas for the reception.  So far she has agreed to put those up and hasn't yet charged a service fee for it.  Just wanted to pass on the info in case any of you were interested in doing something like that. 

Similar to the pic below (if it actually posted) but on a smaller scare of course :-)

lantern2.jpg

I know it's just ridiculous the prices that they can get away with charging cause I guarantee you that they are pocketing the majority of this!

Are you bringing your own centerpieces or did they send you some pics of items on the resort that you can use for free? Sandra told me there were items available but then she left and I only got one picture of this funny looking vase that they use on the terrace from Pilar. I know in the webinar they mentioned ridiculous costs for using their items but I was wondering if you got anywhere with this. I never pursued it but I will.

I'm just using flower centerpieces.  I sent her some pictures of what I would like because I couldn't decide on any of the ones she sent me that go with the devine package.  All I told her was that I wanted something with a little more color and more tropical and to use the pictures as a guideline-that they didn't have to look identical to what I sent.  She claims she talked to the florist and they have agreed to make them for the same cost of the flowers in the package.  She is also using them as ideas for the bridal bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquets.  Of course-I have no idea what they will look like!  That part is a little scary.  The pics I sent are below.

Aside from that-I am bringing menu's printed in my color scheme to place on the napkins, table runners, and little "shell" place holders with seating arrangements on them.

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg