Welcome Ashlee!

Thanks for the info FutureMrsHolt, I hope your recovery will be quick!

1106wedding, the bamboo room used to be called the yellow room and is indoors. Las Olas as I understand it is an open air restaurant (roof but not walls on all sides type). I have pictures of the bamboo room, but I am not at my computer at the moment. I know some of the other girls have some too so maybe someone will be quicker getting them to you, if not PM me with your email address and I'll send them when I get a chance.

We booked Ivan Gomez "DJ Doremixx" as our DJ (had to fight the resort on this one though, very stressful) and Derek Campbell from Photosincancun as our photog (we were very on a budget and he's affordable and very easy to work with) I'm happy with both vendors so far, Ivan had to go out of his way to straighten out a few things with the resort and I appreciate that effort!

I wanted to go with Ivan because I wanted an emphasis on the "party" part of the reception, and he really does a great job with music, lighting, cold fireworks ect and his pricing was great. I had emailed both pilar and ana before I put deposits on both the Dj and Photog and never heard back or didn't get clear answers. After I had booked and was trying to negotiate swaps, Ana through in that they wouldn't allow an outside dj on premises. This was a mess for me because I had clearly brought him up in at least 4 emails before that and I felt like they were just changing rules as they went. It was a headache but all is straighened out now (hoping nothing else comes up!!)

Ana finally emailed me back on Thursday and she mentioned dj doremixx as one of the resort's options for the dj included in the package.

I didnt know about sending decorations, etc down before hand.  Are you ladies planning on doing that?  It would be easier than trying to bring down 4-5 suitcases.  Can we send it directly to the hotel so it will be waiting when we get down there?