Hi Ladies -

Does anyone know an easy and affordable way to make wire transfers?

I have to send both my resort and wedding coordinator deposits (they're both in the Riviera Maya) but I found out from my bank each wire transfer is $45 since it's international.

Thanks!

Ana

Wow...$45 fee is steep..I went to my local foodstore (shoprite) here in NJ and they did the wire trasfer, with the printed tracking number/receipt (standard, I know) and the fee was about $25/$30, Keep in mind, the fee is based on the amount you are wiring...

Good luck!!

Hi Ana,

I'm a surprised that they want wire transfers from us! Did Luis tell you why they can't take a cc...I mean they do it to book rooms!

Anyway, I used Western Union to send my deposit to DJ Doremixx and it was pretty painless. I don't remember the exact cost but I'm sure that it was less than $45.

Hi Ana,

I use Wells Fargo, and they have a service called "Express Send" that allows you to transfer up to $1,500 to Mexico before they charge a fee. It takes a while because they confirm the account before they allow you to send money, but I really like that feature, since I rarely get an account with all of the correct information the first time.