Half Moon, Jamaica

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Half Moon is wholly romantic. Nestled in the curve of Montego Bay, Jamaica, its exotic gardens, luxurious accommodations, exquisite dining, perfect beach and whispering winds make it the ideal setting for magical weddings and honeymoons.

A fabled playground for royalty and celebrities for half a century, Jamaica's Half Moon in Rose Hall provides a bucolic setting for couples to make history of their own. The intimate escape is nestled between two crescent beaches and surrounded by 400 lush acres encompassing an equestrian center, shopping village and championship golf course.

Georgian-style buildings house comfortably elegant guestrooms and suites, many with ocean or garden views. For the ultimate indulgence, guests may stay in one of the aptly named Royal Villas. The five, six or seven bedroom villas come with a personal butler, housekeeper and cook that gladly do everything from unpack bags to prepare a gourmet lunch by the private pool. Snorkeling and kayaking are just the beginning of the fun to be had at Half Moon. Horseback riding through the valley or along a two-mile stretch of beach promises both pleasure and romance. Guests are charmed by the sea's gentlest creatures at the resort's Dolphin Lagoon, where swimming with the dolphins is encouraged. For adventurous pairs, on-site representatives of Glamour Tours host a variety of island tours, including a climb up majestic Dunn's River Falls culminating with a refreshing dip in the cool waters.

To replenish energy and please the palate, guests may enjoy traditional afternoon tea at Seagrape Terrace, a taste of Italy at Il Giardino or authentic Jamaican cuisine at The Sugar Mill. They can also rendezvous to Lester's Bar at midnight for a nightcap and to hear one of the resort's finest pianists. Half Moon weddings are held at a plethora of stunning venues. Couples may choose to tie the knot at the Lily Pond Gazebo, Sunrise Beach, Royal Pavilion or Arcadia II Terrace. Five exclusive wedding packages with names like Always and Forever and One Love include a professional planner who is prepared to grant the unique wishes of every bride and groom. Ensuring that life's journey together begins harmoniously, pre-nuptial jitters are massaged to bliss as part of the wedding spa package. Or, newlyweds may want to wait until after the big bash to unwind with Heaven for two, a relaxing, candlelit bath and massage complete with champagne and tropical fruit.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a very nice place. However they are totally unorganized!!! It was like pulling teeth to get a response from their wedding coordinator. She did finially respond to all my questions after a month-- we already booked coyaba. Some of these places act like they are doing you a favor by letting you have your wedding there!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaworski View Post
It is a very nice place. However they are totally unorganized!!! It was like pulling teeth to get a response from their wedding coordinator. She did finially respond to all my questions after a month-- we already booked coyaba. Some of these places act like they are doing you a favor by letting you have your wedding there!!!!!!

unfortunately this is a common problem. i spoke to some wedding coordinators at the resorts and they get sooo many requests for information that it can take awhile to answer everyone back.

i usually get a call-back response from resorts within 48 hours but that is because i call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaworski View Post
I had called also left several messages ,oh well. Im way happier having our wedding at Coyaba, they called me back immediatly, the wedding planner has been in constant contact with me. Plus it like half the price for the reception
1/2 price for the reception is always a great thing!

• 1 year later...

Hey -- I saw that you got married at Coyaba. I am going there in July to meet with their wedding coordinator for a summer 2009 wedding. Were you pleased with it? Was the pricing "reasonable?" Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, im starting to stress!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromeo22 View Post
Hey -- I saw that you got married at Coyaba. I am going there in July to meet with their wedding coordinator for a summer 2009 wedding. Were you pleased with it? Was the pricing "reasonable?" Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, im starting to stress!!
I didn't get married there, but we went to Coyaba for our TTD pics... it's GORGEOUS!!! Mahoe Falls is stunning! I'll even go as far as to say it's prettier than Dunns River Falls. rolleyes.gif